Click for Singapore, Singapore Forecast

My OBS Journey

Day : I | II | III | IV | V | VI| VII | VIII| IX| X & XI| XII | XIII

Monday, July 9, 2007

Prologue~The Beginning

Hmm, how should i start. Let's just say that i have successfully graduated (finally) from the goddam MMU after 5 years of nothing. Okay, maybe not completely nothing, at least i got a degree scroll which in turn improve the odds of me getting selected for first interview by the Singapore Airlines(SIA).

Honestly, i have never even thought about flying as my future career. In fact, i do not even know why am i studying engineering field in the first place. The only thing i can think of is that; i only wanted to secure a degree which would help me in getting a job in whatever field after my graduation. However, my opinion changed after my sis (a flight sterwardess for MAS) advise me to try my luck in aviation field, as in pilot. i was surprised and rather excited the very moment i heard about the idea. I can feel that the interest of flying is quickly building inside me and subsequently research and read up as much as i can about aviation and the procedures necessary to get into the airlines! alas, there is still 1 more year to go before my graduation and therefore i can do nothing but to wait and wait and wait until my second trimester which was also the trimester of which i am having my industrial training. at that time, i thought it would be a good time for me to start apply for a pilot profession. i quickly realized that i actually have 3 most possible choices which are the Malaysia Airlines itself, SIA, and lastly AirAsia. However, AirAsia, being a low frills airlines does not strike to me as an attractive opportunity enough, not to mention they only service asian routes and therefore will never have chance to go to the western continents. therefore, i quickly shroud off the idea and go ahead with application of MAS and SIA.

SIA's application was rather easy and straight forward as they have online job application system which pretty much simplify almost everything. My job resume and cover letter were submitted by merely a few clicks of button. Applying for MAS is however, completely opposite because everything has to be done through snail-mail (friking outdated eh?). Still, i went through all the troubles, getting the most expensive stamp possible and mailed a very thick letter containing my resume and certs to MAS HQ. Did both simultaneously around mid of January 2007.

Result? No news AT ALL from MAS (which is not totally unexpected anyway, sigh.. typical Malaysian "culture", you know what i meant), but the good news is i got an e-mail reply from SIA approximately 1 month after my application telling me to attend to the first interview in March. Pretty quick eh? Yes, I really cant believe my eyes and was totally shocked as well. So woohoo, i got a shot at the first interview i thought. So what's next? :D


Weee....delighted to see a reply!