Click for Singapore, Singapore Forecast

My OBS Journey

Day : I | II | III | IV | V | VI| VII | VIII| IX| X & XI| XII | XIII

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year 2008 Everyoneeee!!

Okay, first of all... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! I hope you guys have made your own new year's resolution! My resolution? Er... i haven't thought about it :P Guess what, i slept till 2 past noon on the New Year day itself.. what a great way to start a brand new year right? No, it's not that i went to party until very late the night before.. It's just that i..er....i couldn't remember what i have done during the eve. It could be anything, but definitely not celebrating it in the heart of Singapore where there's so-very-too much crowd, and i hate anything that's crowded. Sorry, no photo..no way i'm going to snap a pic of myself waking up in the middle of the day. Haha!

Secondly, all hail my brand new Nokia N82 which i bought only few days ago and it really cost me a bomb. Nevertheless, it was well worth the money paid and it has all kind of crap you have been dreaming of and anything you have imagined. Lightweight, 5MP Camera with Xenon flash, DVD-quality video recording, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. etc. bleh...you name it :D ..Now, beholdddd!! The king of all phones!


Mwaahhhhh I <3>
Featuring Carl Zeiss Lens, 5 Megapixel with Xenon Flash! W00t!

Camera and GPS in action!

Ok, let's forget about the phone for now..and keep in mind that most of the photos i have taken up until now are with my good ol' Sony Ericsson K800i, i think it was a really great phone...and still is! The only reason i bought the N82 was because of the powerful features that the phone is packed with, not because my K800i being sucky, so for those who wanted to buy a K800i, please do not be discouraged by this post :) Go ahead and get one, i am sure you will not regret it.

Next, i am glad to announce that we have passed our first Progress Test in the college, it's more like monthly examination to keep track of what we have learn for the past few weeks and it's really nothing to brag about. So, why am i making so much fuss out of it now? Thanks to my buddies who made a small celebration party and in the end i had to became their official cameraman and consequently, i have no choice but to put these sickos photo up in my blog because i think it's worth a laugh.


Left: Mmmmm..Sexyyy Right: Mmmmm...Nuuggettts


Left : Hmm..this arse looks awfully familiar

Left: Example of morbid obesity Right: Chip's Skinfold® test

Cheeeeerrrrssss! :D :D :D

Uhmm..what's next...nothing much to tell but...ah! OBS Day 7!

Day 7 (Land Expedition - Day 3)

The first thing we did in the morning is of course, packing up our stuff, tents, ready to go home, bla bla...but the best part is that, we were allowed to go for another last dip into the quarry. Weee.....but! Only if we jump into it from a cliff of about 5 metres in height this time. A little scary initially, but i tried not to think about it and jumped anyway. Man! It was gggreeeaatttt!!





Left : Me! Mid : Last one to jump, almost chickened out :P Took us 10mins to convince him to jump Right: Bussshhhhhhh! Gawd, look at the impact!

Everyone survived the jump in the end :) Hoorayyy!


After that, we walked our way back, which distance felt like nothing compared to the first 2 days of the expedition. We walked back through the same old paths we came from, but through a lot of shortcuts. That really made everything became much relaxing and easier. Of course, I have been given a final instruction of the place i am supposed to 'faint'. It's somewhere 1km+ away from the OBS Campground. I got a feelings that i won't be able to hold back my laughter once it happens. :P




And of course, i managed to pull off the stunt in the end, by trying to simulate a fake headache before that, blaming it on the heat when there's no sun above us at all, trying to walk in a zig-zagging style imitating a crabwalk showing that i can hardly keep myself oriented, complaining once in a while about other people walking too fast leaving me behind. Everything was meticulously and cleverly (chehh..) acted out before all those pieces of puzzle fell into their respective places :) Of course, those few of them who are more observant and realized my condition quickly fell into my trap. Mwahahaha! Sorry, i have no choice but to hunt for a victim sympathetic enough to walk beside me. And why would i need someone to walk beside me? Anyone in the right mind would know that:

1. In order for me to generate a panic situation, someone must notice it. Simple as that.
2. I can't just 'faint' and fell flat directly on the ground with my face landed first and lose all my teeth.
3. I can't neither fell flat backward with my head landed first and risking permanent brain damage.
4. That's the reason i need somebody nearby for me to cling onto so that i can collapse slowly to reduce the impact of hitting ground and hurting myself for real.

When it happened however, i was really surprised at how fast everyone acted sensibly and i was actualy carried in a stretcher back to the medical centre in no time. A fake 'mayday' call was made to the medical centre and the so-called 'reinforcement' in the form of vehicle was requested to quickly carry me back to the campground. Of course, nothing came for assistance :P I must also admit that at the very moment, all my desire to even smile, quickly fade away and i can no longer pull myself to laugh. Everything was so tensed up, everyone was so worried about me, and i was really at lost of word to express my appreciation and gratitude for that even though it was just a drill. Thanks everyone! Really...


Me 'unconscious', everyone working at their quickest pace. Im not that light ya' know.

Outside medical centre waiting for me to 'recover'

I know it's dam tiring after carrying a 70-kilos back :P


Nobody knew that everything was a drill until our debriefing session much later. Some people got very upset after knowing that they were set up but eventually they seems to understand the purpose of the drill got through it with an open mind :) Evening came, guess what?! We were made to run 7km this time. Bloody hell! We just came back from the expedition alright? I barely made it through again, all thanks to my team continous support & encouragement of course.

Tomorrow will be a sea expedition, or rather..kayaking expedition and i'm sure it's gonna be another hell of a day.
At night, we were briefed on our next day activity, i had to be paired up witha strong paddler for my kayak. Otherwise, i would not be able to make it back alive. Haha! What a shame. Anyway, the travel distance would be exactly the same as the boat rowing path in Day 3, only in a smaller size with only 2 people paddling. Geeez...so sleepy now. I should sleep and get ready for the next day.


Mood : Sleepy
Days Left : 14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link